Teen’s Jaw Damaged After His E-Cig Exploded

September 3rd, 2019

A Nevada teen had to be treated at a trauma center for serious injuries when an e-cigarette exploded in his mouth. His parents and local health officials are questioning the construction of the devices, and other potential unknown risks of using e-cigarettes.

The pediatric surgeon and team who treated the teen submitted the case to The New England Journal of Medicine to warn the public about the dangers of vaping.

Read more from the New York Times.